Saturday, October 2, 2010

About Me

I am a wearer of many hats. I've learned something about myself in the last few years... I like it that way. Jesus is the center of my life, and everything else revolves around that (or at least I want it to).

My most important roles are wife and mother. I have a wonderful husband who I just celebrated 10 years of marriage with, and 3 beautiful children who keep me busy, tired, laughing and fulfilled.

I love to be creative, but I don't really find much time for it...so what I have is a lot of creative ideas and a hope that I can actually see some come to fruition at some point. Maybe this blog will motivate me in this category. =)

I love to be organized, and I actually love the process of organizing as well. But there is that time factor again, and my perfectionist tendencies that sometimes get the best of me... if it can't be the perfect, end all system, solution, piece of furniture, etc., I won't bother with it and then the mess bothers me (and my dear sweet hubby).

Currently, I am working part time at our local community college, Columbia College http://www.gocolumbia.edu/, as a guidance counselor and instructor... which is wonderful that I actually get to use those degrees I worked so hard to get. I love working there--the environment, the people, the actual work--it's challenging and rewarding and flexible.

We are a busy family with a lot going on, but mostly I just love being with people, especially those I love the most. I love a good book, special friends, movie night, date night, a powerful sermon, babies laughs, a pretty flower, a done scrapbook page... I could go on and on. It's the simple pleasures that make life meaningful for me, and I try to live in that thankful place.

1 comment:

  1. Kirsten, my God loving daughter;

    I'm really thankful for God's blessing to me, your mother and our ENTIRE family for all that you do and all that you are; a strong Jesus-led Christian leader and GREAT example of how God wants us to all be like in this life.

    I know I don't say it often enough, but you and your entire family bring such joy and fulfillment to my life (Oh, and so does your loving brother Mark and Rachel), as I feel you do to others as well. I thank you for opening up here on this blog for all of your family and friends to see how the Miller family is doing, to chime in with our own comments and let you know how much you're ALL loved and cherished every single day!!!

    I really look forward to reading all about my daughter's and her family's lives as they unfold...

    Love Always,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete