Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tasty Treats = Great Gifts

Brian went with a great group of guys to the 49'er football game today, so the kids and I took advantage of the day at home between church and Awana to make our Christmas goodies for our teachers, co-workers and neighbors.  I got this idea from a MOPS friend (thank you, Holly!) a couple of years ago, and I still can't get over how simple and absolutely delicious these tasty little morsels are.
Ingredients:

Directions:
Utilizing a highly selective group of quality control experts and assembly line workers, peel rolos, line up the pretzels on cookie sheets, and place a rolo on each one. 
We used a double layer of wax paper under the pretzels this year to help them not stick with 'sweat' so much to the cookie sheets, and it really worked well.


 

Warm oven to 200 degrees and use to soften the rolos.  Mine were perfect after about 8 minutes today. 
Pull them out of the oven and quickly(so they don't start to harden back up), but gently, push a nut into the center of each rolo... and THAT'S IT!  I used pecans today, but I've also had good results with almonds and cashews.
Let them cool for about an hour or so you don't mush them up. 
The best parts about this for me, besides the eating, of course, is that my kids can do almost everything themselves and there is virtually no clean up!  So awesome! 
I'll post pictures after we get them all packaged up, too!  The kids and I worked together to design some fun labels for their gift tags--it'll be fun to share them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment