Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gratitude Project

Got this awesome idea off of Becky Higgins' Blog



It's a family project to remind us about all the things that we have to be grateful for during this Thanksgiving season.  We talked about what gratitude means as a family, and now each night over dinner, we all decide what what couple things we are most thankful for that day and write/draw it on the board. 

I used chipboard letters out of my scrapbook supplies and a 20x30 poster board from Staples.  I had the poster sized clip frame (from Ikea years ago) that I'm using to hang it up.  I just put some patterned scrapbook paper as a background to make up the difference between the frame and the poster board.  The glass is actually in front of the background holding it in and the posterboard is poster putty'd to the front of the glass.  We're using sharpies to write on it.

Already, I love the cat picture Emmy drew last night and the bottle that we know Ethan is so totally thankful for is on there.  Zeke's first thing was Family--but he only drew 3 people next to it--who is he thankful for?  I'm excited to see how this turns out... and if we continue to do it annually, how it will change as our kids grow!  I'll post our completed version after Thanksgiving! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment