Sunday, August 20, 2017

From Brian

As Brian started back at school this last week with all the teacher meeting days (school starts for him and the kids on Tues), he had lots of conversations about our summer and felt the need to send an email to his fellow staff members about my health situation. It got relayed to me and it was actually really good for me to read, through his words, what's been going on around here. I'm obviously living it, but it's good to see it from his perspective and hear how he communicates his heart. I got his permission to share it here as well, as a way of an update in the middle of round 2--so... guest post by Brian Miller 💓

8/16/2017
Hi all,

Sorry to anyone who asked me how my summer was ... and then was surprised hear that Kirsten was diagnosed with breast cancer. So I thought that I would let everyone know what is going on.  My wife has breast cancer. It is a pretty aggressive form. We were not able to catch it super early. It is in the lymph-nodes but has not metastasized anywhere else. She has had two treatments of chemo at Stanford and is responding well to the treatment.  The mass shrunk after the first treatment and our oncologist was pleased by that. She has two more treatments scheduled (one every three weeks) before a re-evaluation and probably surgery and then maybe more chemo at that point.

Any of you who know her know that she is positive, strong and is a rock star... she loves her job and was actually at work today! She is upbeat and we are both confident that she will be OK. 

I am doing well (thank you to those who asked).

The kids are well too. They all seem to be themselves and doing their normal things. We are trying to keep life as normal as possible around the house.

People have asked if they can help.  I like hugs. Kirsten does too. We will take all they prayer and positive thoughts we can get.  If you want to take a more active roll there is a meal train that has been set up for us... I will get that info to you later... cant remember the website. The only problem with joining the meal train is that we are trying to go hippie dippy organic which we have discovered is tricky at first. Signing up for that is not for the faint of heart.

So now when you ask me how I am doing I won't feel like I have to explain all of this before I just let you know if its a good day or a bad one.

Thank you all,
Brian Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment