Saturday, August 5, 2017

My girls... and my hair.












I have the most amazing friends... I really, really do.

My sweet bible study girls have come around our family since my diagnosis in so many different ways. They have hosted a prayer night complete with floating candles symbolizing hope and faith and sticky notes with every prayer and praise I mentioned while updating everyone, and everyone took the multitudes of notes to keep praying for the specific things we need.



They used one of our Bible study Weds nights together to do a group effort on freezer meals for my family (we got 5 in one night!). They have organized a meal train for our family to help us, especially around my infusion dates when I will be down, to help our family eat well and stress less (the link is here on my blog under the 'about me' picture). And two nights ago, they hosted a 'Hat & Scarf Party' (with some other special friends in attendance, too), where I was honored and gifted with beautiful hats, scarves, cards, and some other fun and meaningful gifts from their
hearts.

And just in time, too... as my hair has officially started to fall out. Today, it's really bad... chunks of hair when I run my hands through. I've been dreading this part. Not ready to shave it down yet, but I have a feeling that, if it lasts that long, when I go for my next infusion on Tues, that will be the kicker. I'm so thankful to have these beautiful head coverings that I'm excited to use to buffer the blow. It's really sad.

I don't have any pictures of my hat party because I was truly in the moment and pretty overwhelmed... but I will remember it forever. The love and the hope these girls have for me is beautiful, and I am so blessed.

1 comment: